California Climate Change Conference 2008
Science > Conferences
California Climate Change Conference > 2008 Exhibits
Opening September 27
With Major Exhibit: Altered State California and
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Magic Planet Exhibit
New State Programs,
Leading Education Materials, Published in California
Extraordinary Science Advisor:
Lawrence Livermore Labs
Since 1999, ClimateChangeEdu.orgvolunteers
have been providing
Large Public Events,
State and City Programs with free Hands-on Science Demonstrations
on climate change
Involving tens of thousands of Californians personally in the science.
Exhibits California's Education and Public Outreach Programs
On Climate Change and Solutions
Below are programs that will be featured.
Program info and links can be found at GlobalWarmingCalifornia.Net
• California Academy of Sciences. • Birch Aqarium at Scripps
• ClimateChangeEducation.Org (hands-on science at multiple museums)
• California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE)
• Tech Museum of Innovation • The Exploratorium • Global Imagination's Magic Planet
• Dawn Publications: How We Know What We Know About Climate Change
• Hippo Works -- animations on global warming.
• UC Davis K-12 Programs • Climate Literacy Project (NOAA, AAAS...) • California Science Teacher's Association
BAAQMD's New Curriculum for 4th and 5th Grade
• Action for Nature • Seed's Software
• School Projects by Leading Students
• Global Systems Science (Lawrence Hall of Science)
PG&E's Solar Schools and Energenius Programs
Air Resources Board (under Cal EPA):
• Climate Champions • Cool California Calculator
• California Energy Commission's Energy Quest. • Flex Your Power
• Bay Area Air Quality Management District
• California Integrated Waste Management Programs
• Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award
Air Resources Board Releases
Draft of California Plan
for Reducing Emissions Draft Scoping Plan (93 pg pdf)
Implementation (Part IV)
is strong on need for:
Public Outreach & Education (Page 66-68)
• Sierra Club (Last year, the million CFL bulb distribution kicked off at the conference)
• Ecology Center • 350.org • Understanding Climate Change (Rotary) • California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE)
• Bioneers • World Wildlife Fund (High School Lesson Plans)
• Union of Concerned Scientists • Lawrence Berkeley Lab
• Lawrence Livermore Lab • NASA and NOAA
•American Association for the Advancement of Science
• Stephen Schneider (and Terry Root!)
Last Year's Attendance: 500+
60 Air Resources Board (ARB) staff
40 California Energy Commission staff
City and Local Climate Program Employees
Scientists, Students, General Public,
Educators and Press
2007: Webcasts & Agenda
James Hansen of NASA, in opening of 2006 conference keynote speech: "We must bridge the vast gap between what scientists know
and what the public understands."
Climate Educators and Public Outreach Staff:
This year, in the exhibits area, more leading educators and public outreach staff, who specialize in climate change, will come together than have EVER gathered in one place anywhere in California. It will be a very collaborative, mutually supportive environment.
This is a chance to meet with colleagues that you will not want to miss.
Note on Fees to Exhibitors: If your representatives wish to attend the larger conference,
please have them register
as an attendees , paying conference registration fees.
You are not being charged for exhibit space, or to be in the exhibit area.
Exhibitors are responsible of shipping/transportation of materials,
set-up and breakdown of displays.
If you wish to become an exhibitor at next year's conference, write us.