Scientists and Animators:
teamed up at
last year's conference
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Leading Education Materials, Published in California
have been providing
Large Public Events,
State and City Programs
Hands-on Science Demonstrations
on climate change
Involving tens of thousands of Californians personally in the science.
Images by NASA
With Major Exhibit:
Video: Take Aim
At Climate Change
Sixth Annual Conference/Symposium
6th Annual California Climate Change Research Symposium
Sacramento Convention Center
Tuesday September 8 - Thursday September 10, 2009
Education and Public Outreach on Climate Change and Solutions --
Leading Programs from California and around the world
Below are programs that will be featured.
Program info and links can be found at GlobalWarmingCalifornia.Net
K-12 Programs and Materials
• Seed's Software
• Hippo Works -- animations on global warming.
• UC Davis K-12 Programs • National Center for Atmospheric Research
• Climate Literacy Project (NOAA, AAAS...)
• Dawn Publications: How We Know What We Know About Climate Change
• California Science Teacher's Association
BAAQMD's New Curriculum for 4th and 5th Grade
• Action for Nature
• School Projects by Leading Students
• Global Systems Science (Lawrence Hall of Science)
PG&E's Solar Schools and Energenius Programs
International Programs -- Excellent Partners for California
• UC Davis: Many Leading Outreach and Education Programs
• Focus the Nation • National Teach-in on Global Warming Solutions
• UC San Diego • Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
• National Science Digital Library
• Union of Concerned Scientists • Lawrence Berkeley Lab
• Lawrence Livermore Lab • NASA and NOAA
•American Association for the Advancement of Science
• Education Resources by Stephen Schneider (and Terry Root!)
James Hansen of NASA, in opening of 2006 conference keynote speech:
"We must bridge the vast gap between what scientists know
and what the public understands."
Presentations in the main ballroom at the 2006 3rd Annual Conference
When: The exhibits will be open on Wednesday September 9.
From 10am to 8:30pm
Some select exhibitors will also be available Tuesday and Thursday.
Where: Sacramento Convention Center.
Ballroom Level -- Map / Floor Plan
13th and K Streets
Includes 360 degree photos of space used by conference.
Details/Logistics: Coordinate with your contact at ClimateChangeEducation.org
Note on Fees to Exhibitors: If your representatives wish to attend the larger conference,
please have them register
as an attendees , paying conference registration fees.
You are not being charged for exhibit space, or to be in the exhibit area.
Exhibitors are responsible of shipping/transportation of materials,
set-up and breakdown of displays.
If you wish to become an exhibitor at next year's conference, write us.
Conference Site: •Registration •Speakers •Posters •Agenda •Accomodations